Author Topic: HL2RP Related Implementing HL2 lore to MPF  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Grypho

• View Profile
Implementing HL2 lore to MPF
« about: 5 years ago »
Hi, I just wanted to make this thread so I could bring this thing up.

Basically most servers use the RCT<05-01<OfC<EpU<DvL<SeC system. It´s non-canon and also makes people want to play for promotions, instead of the Civil Protection character itself.

In HL2 role there are things called "sterilized credits", "rank leader" "stabilization team leader" "ranking privileges". Direct orders were handed out By Dispatch, while stabilization team leaders (assigned CP leaders) were told to count the DB (dead-body) count. Generally they just assisted Dispatch and adviced what their team what to do.

I think this should be in HL2 RP too, no /me salutes higher ranked unit, no ordering lower ranked units around etc... but co-operate, give advices and take instructions from the Dispatch. Sterilized credits could be used as a way to gain "ranking privileges" and these "ranking privileges" could be determined what they are later. Sterilized credits are awarded By Dispatch.

« Last Edit: 4 years ago by RJ »

Offline Frede

• A day without a smile, is a day without a life.
    • View Profile
Re: Implementing HL2 lore to MPF
« Reply #1 about: 5 years ago »
I completely agree with you. Afterall, it's not how its gonna work. I can tell you that by now. The Civil Protection faction leader, will of course be able to run the faction him/herself.

Afterall, the regular RCT-SeC ranking and division system is for the gameplay pupporse. Nothing else. I have experience by my own servers with the 100% HL2 Lore. People didn't like it at start, but they found it very great and useful when they got used to it... anyway. A matter of fact, it's an animal instinct to reach for power, to become more than others and a great leader. Therefore, the ranking system is what makes people work hard for their positions, and ensures they do their jobs correctly.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 about: 5 years ago »
I think this system would be interesting to use and implement. Do you have any other details to expand on?

Offline Grypho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 about: 5 years ago »
Like yeah both approaches are bad if taken to extreme (like having no ranks at all and having all of the vanilla ranks). Maybe have something in between? Have a few ranks etc but not a big hierarchy of 10 different ranks?

Offline Frede

• View Profile
« Reply #4 about: 5 years ago »
It's most likely the Dispatch that is the mandatory commander, observant, stratagy/tactic leader and responsibile for Troop Logisticts.

If we go by the 100% HL2 Lore. You will hear dispatch name units by a tagline and unit number.
"QUICK-2, unit down at Canal Block Nine. Remaning units contain."

All these units are split up in taglines, each tagline has 9 units each. QUICK-1 to QUICK-9. And each tagline has a leader, in this chase. "Rank Leader".

The taglines/Divisions are not specallized into anything. All units are equal to eachother, only Rank Leader is team-leader and Dispatch as the commander. (As said above, there is literally no ranks.)

It's based on a dystopia world where the Civil Protection is so-called "Robocops". If you use this, you must expect the robocopping.
If you think its a good idéalogic. I think @Grypho and I could sit down with eachother and create a system we could use, as we both have same idéa of how it should be.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 about: 5 years ago »
Yes, I think this is a good idea and could work pretty well. Would you guys be up to putting something together for it? I'd be excited to see something like this.

Offline Frede

• View Profile
« Reply #6 about: 5 years ago »
I would.

Offline Grypho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 about: 5 years ago »
Yes, maybe we can meet at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/armata-gaming group chat? I will be hanging out there