Author Topic: HL2RP Changelog  (Read 1904 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
HL2RP Changelog
« about: 4 years ago »
NOTE: This thread is locked because only developers may post here.

I'll be logging dev stuff here. :D

TO DO LIST: https://trello.com/b/UmXN8rL9/hl2rp-development

More to come... Also feel free to PM me suggestions or make a new thread about it.

Formats
Type Of Update Format:
+ [Addition]
Code: [Select]
[color=darkgreen][b]+ [Feature Addition][/b][/color]
- [Removal]
[color=darkred][b]- [Removal][/b][/color]
~ [Modification/Fix]
[color=teal][b]~ [Modification/Fix][/b][/color]
Post Format:
[Year] [Month]

[Type Of Update]
[Description]

Repeat as needed.
« Last Edit: 4 years ago by RJ »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log
« Reply #1 about: 4 years ago »
2016 October

+ Added MPF uniforms.
This pretty much allows any citizen to equip a specific clothing item (right now named MPF Uniform) to become an MPF officer. The unit's ID is saved on the item so you'll have the same unit ID each time you equip it.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log
« Reply #2 about: 4 years ago »
2016 October

+ Added Payroll Dispensers.
An alternative to fictitious wages appearing in a player's inventory. An MPF player can use the dispenser once a preset amount of time has passed since the last use. I plan to have it give a lump sum payment twice every week. The frequency and amount will be adjusted as needed.

The reason behind doing it this way is the following:
  • Adds potential RP dynamics. Underpaid MPFs may seek alternative funding (e.g. corruption, theft, etc.).
  • Adds progression. The MPF salesman will sell at inflated rates. As you accumulate wages you can buy almost anything without restriction, only as long as you can afford it.
  • Adds value to items. You may not be so willing to die knowing that you could lose your MP7 that took a week to gain.
  • Adds cost to using items recklessly. Ammunition has to be replenished, but at cost. People should be more mindful of their shooting and it won't be as easy to stock your inventory full of every item.
  • Entices people to rejoin after being away for awhile. The reward of getting paid is much higher, but less frequent. You also can't AFK to get rich.

The dispenser also lets you know when your next payroll is so it won't be frustrating to figure out when you can get more money.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HL2RP Changelog
« Reply #3 about: 4 years ago »
2016 November

~ MPF Uniforms stay on after death.
They originally were taken off after death to prevent server crashing (the dead body would also turn into a Citizen). Now they stay on so you'll respawn as an MPF and the dead body will remain an MPF.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 about: 4 years ago »
2016 November

+ Added aliases to MPF Uniforms.
There's now an item option to enter an alias. I figured this would be nicer to deal with in-game so that you can recognize different MPF's by their alias instead of trying to memorize their IDs.

+ Added item info to MPF Uniforms.
Hovering over the item lets you see the details of the uniform.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 about: 3 years ago »
2017 May

+ Added Elite CP Uniform
Not too much to say about this, it's similar to the CP Uniform except that it's using a different model and has more armor protection. I still have to tinker around with its settings so that it'd be worthwhile to use (e.g. discount on CP equipment, higher pay from the Payroll Dispenser, etc.).

~ Renamed MPF Uniform to CP Uniform
Since I added the Elite CP Uniform, I had to rename the MPF Uniform to CP Uniform so that people can distinguish between the two.

CP name format: CP-#### [alias]
ECP name format: ECP-### [alias]

~ Changed CP ID to 4 digits long
Nothing big, and no pictures to show. This is just to make those with Elite CP Uniforms feel special (since they'll have IDs that are 3 digits long, whereas regular CPs will have IDs that are 4 digits long). It also makes sense to have fewer digits for the Elite CPs, considering that there should be less of them in-game, if I manage to balance things well.
« Last Edit: 3 years ago by RJ »