Author Topic: Phase Four Related General Phase Four Chat  (Read 476 times)

Offline Sleeves

• Maybe he just likes making prisons?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
General Phase Four Chat
« about: 3 years ago »
Hey RJ. It seems like it’s just you and me here. I guess I’m posting whatever questions I have here. One I have is how will death matching be handled? Will the cash amount for being safe from attack be increased? The idea that a man with a gun can safely walk a street sounds appealing. Open Aura is all about being on edge.

Further more how will you handle factions that have reached the top and fly about killing because it’s all they have left to do? Will you wipe the server every so often? Place down some sort of rule? Simply warn or ban them if their legitimate actions harm the newcomers and make them leave? Cause distractions with events? Maybe add a cheap item that can cripple well geared players (maybe an emp grenade that makes power armors useless)?
« Last Edit: 3 years ago by RJ »

Offline Sleeves

• View Profile
    • Steam
Re: General Phase Four Chat
« Reply #1 about: 3 years ago »
Can money printer upgrades be buffed? Spending $150 for a printer to make $7 more is silly.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 about: 3 years ago »
Thanks for the feedback!

Invulnerability limits will probably remain as they are: Less than 1,000 cash on the person to stay invulnerable, or greater than 10,000 cash in the safebox to lose invulnerability until you're below that amount in the safebox again.

I'll probably be doing server wipes every month or so, with the final few days before wipes being event days. For example, everything is at a reduced cost and money printer are boosted to extreme amounts. Think of it as deathmatch heaven (or hell for some).

As for handling huge alliances that dominate the server, I'm not too sure on how to go about doing that. What I hope that would happen, if they got out of hand, is all of the smaller alliances banding together to put a stop to them, maybe I'll add a coalition feature where different alliances can team up temporarily?

Also money printer buffing is planned: https://trello.com/c/gSkkh1Ej/26-increase-printer-upgrades-output

Offline Sleeves

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 about: 3 years ago »
That all could work. I’m not a fan of wipes but if that is what must be done.

Can spawn get a safe box?
Also can we change how the invulnerability handles picking things up? Many times I’ve logged out after getting my money only to come back on the next day and find my cash on the floor. At least can we get a warning on the bottom of the screen about logging out? I lost armor this way as well, it simply vanishing.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 about: 3 years ago »
That all could work. I’m not a fan of wipes but if that is what must be done.

Can spawn get a safe box?
Also can we change how the invulnerability handles picking things up? Many times I’ve logged out after getting my money only to come back on the next day and find my cash on the floor. At least can we get a warning on the bottom of the screen about logging out? I lost armor this way as well, it simply vanishing.
I don't see anything wrong with adding a safebox to the spawn area, so I'll do that next time I'm on.

It used to be that there was only one message at the bottom-right: Whether you've been attacked or not. If you get attacked then it'd say if you disconnected in X amount of time you'd drop all of your stuff. Now there's multiple messages that can appear at the bottom-right and not all of them show that disconnection warning for some reason. I'll try and add that message when I can.

New Trello cards for reference:
https://trello.com/c/JYzm2BAy/41-add-safebox-to-spawn-area
https://trello.com/c/jgyIniQh/42-add-drop-all-items-disconnection-warning-when-player-loses-invulnerability

Offline Sleeves

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 about: 3 years ago »
Gotta say the artifact thing that factions can find and take to increase ration printing amount is really neat.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 about: 3 years ago »
Gotta say the artifact thing that factions can find and take to increase ration printing amount is really neat.
Glad to hear it! That features is thanks to duck/sanny, he was the one who made it.