Author Topic: Phase Four Related Some suggestions  (Read 281 times)

Offline Derek

• View Profile
Some suggestions
« about: 7 months ago »
Here are some suggestions that I would like to hear others feedback on.

• Add the Beanbag shotgun and zip-ties back into the game. (Along with the Beanbag Augments)
This will help implement the fear back into the game with having a chance at your armor being taken from you.
I don't know if it's currently exploding things from your inventory off your dead body like some type of GTA theme.
If that's the case, maybe the GTA theme feature should be disabled?

• Remove the penalty on printers/producers making less if another player even an alliance member or another players printer is nearby.
This seems a little harsh and makes the 45th Apartments or any apartment complex obsolete with this feature enabled.

• Adjust printers upgrade cost / production amount
I understand the need to prevent players from unlocking all Augments and getting the best equipment within hours or days but this may need to be adjusted.
I may not have all the numbers available to me, but from the numbers I can see and calculate I don't think the current upgrade costs make sense for what they offer.

• Adjust the Spas-12 MK
If this weapon has not already been modified, it will need some type of nurf because it was used as a sniper and would deal massive damage even from far away.

« Last Edit: 7 months ago by Derek »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #1 about: 7 months ago »
Here are some suggestions that I would like to hear others feedback on.

• Add the Beanbag shotgun and zip-ties back into the game. (Along with the Beanbag Augments)
This will help implement the fear back into the game with having a chance at your armor being taken from you.
I don't know if it's currently exploding things from your inventory off your dead body like some type of GTA theme.
If that's the case, maybe the GTA theme feature should be disabled?

I'll definitely add the zip ties back into the game because they seem pretty essential. As for the beanbag shotgun I'm not familiar with it ever being in the Phase Four gamemode before. Can you explain more about how it works?

• Remove the penalty on printers/producers making less if another player even an alliance member or another players printer is nearby.
This seems a little harsh and makes the 45th Apartments or any apartment complex obsolete with this feature enabled.

I'll look into how this works. At the very least I may keep the way it works if Alliance members are nearby so as to keep the larger Alliances from making huge amounts of cash while being able to keep themselves safe because of the number of members they have. I may nerf the amount that it decreases it by though, I'm not entirely sure until I look into this and see how it actually works.

• Adjust printers upgrade cost / production amount
I understand the need to prevent players from unlocking all Augments and getting the best equipment within hours or days but this may need to be adjusted.
I may not have all the numbers available to me, but from the numbers I can see and calculate I don't think the current upgrade costs make sense for what they offer.

Yeah, the upgrades definitely aren't worth it unless you're on for a long time. I'll see about increasing the amount of productions or I'll reduce the cost of upgrading as it doesn't seem to pay off very well in both regards.

• Adjust the Spas-12 MK
If this weapon has not already been modified, it will need some type of nurf because it was used as a sniper and would deal massive damage even from far away.

First I've heard of this, I'll look into how the Spas-12 performs to see if it needs to be nerfed.

Offline Derek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 about: 7 months ago »
As for the beanbag shotgun I'm not familiar with it ever being in the Phase Four gamemode before. Can you explain more about how it works?

My apologies, the Beanbag shotgun was removed on the launch of Phase Four. They were a thing in all previous iterations of Phase Four. So back in Experiment / Exp3riment there was a Beanbag shotgun and a Beanbag scout. They took separate ammunition called Beanbag rounds. They dealt extremely low damage but had a chance to knock players out of consciousness, thus allowing for players to tie the individual up and search their entire belongings including the armor they had equipped or drag them around to where ever they want. This knock out period would last between 1 - 3 minutes, not exactly sure how long. After this timer the player would gain consciousness if they were not being dragged. Otherwise the player would gain consciousness as soon as their timer expired.

The mechanics are similar to if the player had typed "/charfallover 120"

I can't remember the exact % they had to landing this knockout shot on players, but there was an augment that decreased this from landing even further.

At the time this was the only way to steal equipped armor on players.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 about: 7 months ago »
My apologies, the Beanbag shotgun was removed on the launch of Phase Four. They were a thing in all previous iterations of Phase Four. So back in Experiment / Exp3riment there was a Beanbag shotgun and a Beanbag scout. They took separate ammunition called Beanbag rounds. They dealt extremely low damage but had a chance to knock players out of consciousness, thus allowing for players to tie the individual up and search their entire belongings including the armor they had equipped or drag them around to where ever they want. This knock out period would last between 1 - 3 minutes, not exactly sure how long. After this timer the player would gain consciousness if they were not being dragged. Otherwise the player would gain consciousness as soon as their timer expired.

The mechanics are similar to if the player had typed "/charfallover 120"

I can't remember the exact % they had to landing this knockout shot on players, but there was an augment that decreased this from landing even further.

At the time this was the only way to steal equipped armor on players.

Thanks for the extra details! I'll see if I can find the old files related to this and then implement it into the Phase Four GitHub.